With perhaps the most connected friendly infotainment system to come from the factory, the Fiat Chrysler Automotive group has announced that the new Uconnect 5 platform will include a plethora of new features.
Acting as the foundation, Uconnect 5 will utilize an Android operating system that features both wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. Also for those living in a connected ecosystem, Amazon Alexa will be able to connect car to home and home to car. Using voice commands with Alexa you will be able to start your car, lock/unlock your doors and more using any Alexa-enabled devices in your home.
For those with a 2019 and older Fiat, Dodge, Chrysler or Jeep vehicle don’t hold your breath for an retroactive upgrade. There will be too many hardware upgrades required for these new features, especially wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. No official release date has been issued yet but look for Uconnect 5 to roll out later in the year for new 2020 models.
- Uconnect allows for personalization for up to five user profiles plus valet mode, reestablishing vehicle preferences and settings with the touch of a button
- Customizable home screen allows quick access to frequently used features with one-touch operation
- Uconnect expands Alexa “Home to Car” functionality to include in-vehicle Alexa virtual assistant with natural voice capability and “Car to Home” features
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless Android Auto make connecting and sharing easy
- New TomTom navigation experience adds popular features for a built-in solution with natural voice capability and Maps Over The Air (MOTA)
- SiriusXM’s 360L and new Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora available
- Simultaneous dual-phone connectivity allows greater flexibility with passengers
- Seamless integration of technology within the vehicle interior combines with card-based screens to provide an updated and refreshed look and feel
- Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) seamlessly loads improved software updates to the vehicle
- Improvements in Uconnect system software, strategy and hardware reduce distracted driving
- Most screen area ever offered in an FCA product at 12.3 inches supports up to 15 million pixels in Ultra HD
- New Uconnect system features global capability for vehicle owners in more than 150 countries